Sunday, December 7, 2014

2014 Christmas Card Exchange

Yesterday I held my annual Christmas card exchange. This year I had a total of 7 participants including myself. We exchanged our creative cards, ate some yummy food and played with some paper while laughing and exchanging stories. As always I was delighted with all the talent and creativity that this group of ladies brings every year!

The card I created this year was inspired by one that I saw on Pinterest. I had no instructions though and needed to incorporate products exclusively from Close To My Heart. I loved the idea of creating a Christmas scene within a cozy home setting. Not only did I pull out some older non-Christmas stamps, but I also dug out some older retired textiles!


I used my Cricut to make a variety of cuts from a couple of the cartridges. I also borrowed my daughters sewing machine to sew the fabric curtains on the window!


Do you recognize those old sassy strands wrapped around the Christmas tree? I even created a snowy scene behind the vellum framed window!


Here are the cards from the ladies~







Aren't they all amazing!!

I also made a small gift for them as a sincere thank you for their participation and hanging out with me for some creative fun!



Inside of these adorable little burlap bags were a couple of my favorite types of tea. I hope that when they are relaxing at home, enjoying their tea, that they will think of me and our fun creative times we shared throughout the whole year. I really, truly have the best customers and friends!

In my next post I will share with you what these wonderful ladies were up to at our get-together! Hmmm....I wonder what they could be making?



1 comment:

Jeanie B said...

All the cards are beautiful and yes, I remember those sassy strands! Way to use your stash!